FUTURES FOUNDATION’S TSIC PROGRAM RECEIVES $4,000 FROM ROTARY CLUB OF DOWNTOWN DELAND
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools recently received $4,000 from the Rotary Club of Downtown DeLand to support its FUTURES Take Stock in Children (TSIC) scholarship & mentoring program for low-income, at-risk high school students.
TSIC scholars are selected based upon financial need, academic achievement, good character and community involvement. They have the benefit of volunteer mentors working with them throughout their high school years, as well as the support of FUTURES TSIC Student Services & Mentor Coordinator Shimene Shepard and College Success Coaches Justine Florez and Laura Reece, to ensure they graduate successfully from high school and are prepared for and enter college.
TSIC scholarships are funded through community and individual donations such as Rotary’s recent investment and currently are matched dollar for dollar through the Florida Prepaid College Foundation’s Stanley Tate Project STARS (Scholarship Tuition For At-Risk Students) Scholarship Program. FUTURES TSIC program typically awards a four-year college tuition scholarship purchased through the STARS Program.
Mentors are being recruited for TSIC students and anyone interested in volunteering 30 minutes each week on school campus may contact Ms. Shepard at email@example.com or 386-255-6475, ext. 50724.
Pictured are, left to right: FUTURES Take Stock in Children Student Services & Mentor Coordinator Shimene Shepard, Rotary Club of Downtown DeLand 2019-20 President Chris Cloudman and Rotary 2018-19 President Ed Graver.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year