FUTURES Foundation Elects 2019-20 Officers
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools is pleased to announce its 2019-20 officers: President Jeff Brok of Merrill Lynch; President-Elect Robert “Bob” Ludlow, Jr., of SunTrust; Vice President Jessica Eckelbarger, Rue & Ziffra; Treasurer Cory Domayer, CPA, of AdventHealth Palm Coast; Secretary Heather Bond Vargas, Cobb Cole; and Immediate Past President Susan Mendez of Duke Energy.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 27-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. In an effort to break the cycle of poverty, FUTURES facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers college tuition scholarships, mentors and hope to low-income high school students. FUTURES also funds teacher classroom mini-grants through its www.FindItFundItFundFlorida.com/Volusia portal and awarded more than $112,000 to 190 teachers for classroom/school projects during the 2018-19 school year. Teachers have until Sept. 9th to input their 2019-20 grant requests. FUTURES administers the legislatively funded School District Education Foundation (SDEF) State Matching Grants Program which will infuse more than $100,000 into schoolwide projects focusing on low performing students and literacy this year. FUTURES also offers student and staff recognition programs and Tomorrow’s Leaders, a high school junior student leadership development program.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year