FUTURES Foundation Elects new Board Member
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools recently elected longtime area attorney Luis R. Gracia of Port Orange to its Board of Directors.
Mr. Gracia is a partner and vice-president at the Law Firm of Rue & Ziffra. Born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, Mr. Gracia attended the University of Puerto Rico’s main campus in Rio Piedras before transferring to Florida Southern College in Lakeland, where he graduated in 1994 with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science. Mr. Gracia obtained his law degree in 1998 from Texas Southern University, in Houston, and shortly thereafter joined Rue & Ziffra.
Mr. Gracia focuses his practice on social security disability, workers’ compensation, as well as personal injury and wrongful death cases. He is board certified in Social Security Disability law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, which is that publication’s highest rating for professional excellence in legal ability and ethical standards.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 30-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES Foundation facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors, and hope to at-risk, low-income high school students. FUTURES Foundation also funds teacher classroom mini-grants for innovative, creative classroom/school projects via www.FindItFundItFlorida.com/Volusia.
For more information about FUTURES Foundation, please visit its website at www.FuturesVolusia.org or contact Executive Director Cynthia Ramirez at (386) 255-6475, ext. 50730, caperric@volusia.K12.FL.US.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year