FUTURES Foundation Hires Tara Vicente
DAYTONA BEACH, FL – FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools has hired Tara Vicente, Deltona, as its new Administrative Assistant.
Mrs. Vicente will be responsible for administrative support to FUTURES and Take Stock in Children. She has extensive clerical and accounting experience and has worked with various Boards in the community. Most recently, she served as a substitute teacher within the school district, operated a notary business and coordinated an international program through Worldwide Cultural Exchange.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 29-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors and hope to at-risk, low income high school students. FUTURES also funds teacher classroom mini-grants through its www.FindItFundItFundFlorida.com/Volusia portal and awarded more than $144,000 to local classroom/school projects during the 2021-22 school year. FUTURES administers the legislatively funded School District Education Foundation State Matching Grants Program which infused more than $123,000 into Volusia County Schools this year. The Foundation also offers student and staff recognition programs and Tomorrow’s Leaders, a high school junior student leadership development program.
For more information about FUTURES Foundation, please contact Executive Director Shimene Shepard at (386) 255-6475, ext. 50730, sashepa1@volusia.K12.FL.US or visit its website at www.FuturesVolusia.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program