FUTURES Foundation Receives $5,459.31 From 10th Annual Amscot Financial ‘Just-a-Dollar’ Campaign
Throughout the month of February, Amscot Financial asked customers to contribute $1 to their local education foundation to provide support for students and teachers when school budgets fall short and tax dollars won't allow. With additional contributions from the company’s founder and Tampa-based corporate office, 2018 contributions totaled $185,805. Combined with ten years of previous one-month campaigns, the total raised reached nearly $1.3 million.
“This campaign clearly resonates with both our customers and our associates,” said Ian MacKechnie, founder and CEO of Amscot Financial. “The fact that the funds are used for unmet needs and to help individual students means a great deal to all of us.”
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools will utilize the $5,459.31 share in Volusia County to fund its annual teacher mini-grant program. “Each year FUTURES funds innovative, creative classroom projects for Volusia County Public School teachers and we will utilize the generosity of Amscot Financial and its customers to help fund projects this fall,” said Cynthia Ramirez, FUTURES Executive Director.
“Amscot’s Just-a-Dollar campaign is crowd-sourcing for a great cause: Helping meet the needs of vulnerable public school students in Florida,” said Mary Chance, president of the Consortium of Florida Education Foundations (CFEF). The CFEF works with Amscot Financial to coordinate campaign fund distributions among their 20 benefiting local education foundations in the company’s current service territory.
Founded in 1989, Amscot Financial employs more than 2,000 associates who work at 237 retail branches and at the company’s corporate headquarters in Tampa. The company currently operates retail locations in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Polk, Hardee, Highlands, Manatee, Sarasota, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Volusia, Brevard, Marion, Citrus, Flagler, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year