FUTURES Foundation Receives Exemplary Distinction
The Consortium of Florida Education Foundations (CFEF) recently designated FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools with the distinction of being an Exemplary Local Education Foundation (LEF).
Over the course of three months, FUTURES Foundation completed an extensive “Foundations for Excellence” Quality Standards Review process through the CFEF. FUTURES Foundation provided supporting documentation on six key “Standard” areas for successful foundations: Mission & Strategy; Program Quality; Board & Leadership; Fundraising & Sustainability; Partnerships, Public Awareness & Engagement; and Effective Business & Organizational Operations. The submitted documentation underwent an extensive peer review followed by a meeting to share and discuss the findings.
To achieve the distinction of Exemplary, a foundation must score the highest level in at least four of the “Standard” areas. “We commend the FUTURES staff and Board Members for completing this process and hope they find it valuable to reflect on the practices, policies and systems FUTURES has in place to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of their foundation,” stated CFEF President Mary Chance. “Great care was taken to develop standards that we believe are achievable by local education foundations at all stages of development yet provide opportunities for continuous improvement and growth by even our more established members.”
“FUTURES Foundation is honored to be recognized with this Exemplary distinction and the Local Education Foundation Quality Standards review process was an excellent self-assessment tool for our foundation,” said FUTURES Executive Director Cynthia Ramirez. “Although we’ve been around since 1985, the final peer review worksheet is a fabulous tool to show our Board we’re doing so many things very well and help us focus on a few items that could use their assistance. The Quality Standards Review process, implemented during the past year for members, is another valuable tool available under our CFEF membership, and we’re thankful to the CFEF for providing this self-assessment and review opportunity.”
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year