FUTURES Foundation Tomorrow’s Leaders visit 7th Judicial Circuit Court
DAYTONA BEACH, FL – FUTURES Foundation’s Tomorrow’s Leaders recently visited the S. James Foxman Justice Center and the Volusia Branch Jail for Criminal Justice Day. Thirty-nine Volusia County students representing all 10 area public high schools spent a morning with Seventh Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Raul Zambrano, Circuit Judge Leah Case, Circuit Judge Matt Foxman, various Public Defenders and Assistant State Attorneys. Students observed Circuit Judge Case’s morning docket including arraignments and a sentencing which taught them valuable lessons about our criminal justice system. Deputy Chief State Attorney John Reid and Public Defender Jim Purdy along with members of their teams joined the Tomorrow’s Leaders for lunch and shared information about their roles, duties and responsibilities across the 7th Judicial Circuit. On Feb. 28, the final seminar for this 6-month leadership development program will focus on healthcare and social services and include tours of Halifax Health Medical Center and Halifax Urban Ministries’ Hope Place.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 33-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES facilitates programs such as Tomorrow’s Leaders and the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors and hope to at-risk, low income high school students.
For more information about FUTURES Foundation, please contact Executive Director Cynthia Ramirez at (386) 255-6475, ext. 50730, caperric@volusia.K12.FL.US or visit its website at www.FuturesVolusia.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program