2021 VCS Principals of the Year
DELAND – Volusia County Schools and the FUTURES Foundation of Volusia County Schools announced the 2021 Principals of the Year during recent surprise visits to the schools.
Andrea Hall, principal of Spruce Creek Elementary School, is the 2021 Elementary Principal of the Year, and Thomas Vaughan, last year’s principal at Heritage Middle School, is the 2021 Secondary Principal of the Year.
Hall is a champion of student achievement who empowers teachers and students to take ownership of learning, and she supports professional development, and advocates for her teachers and staff. She has been principal of Spruce Creek Elementary since 2016.
Vaughan, who was selected for the honor before his recent promotion as the district’s Director of Student Services, was chosen for his commitment to professional growth and authentic professional development for each teacher to improve instructional practices.
“As outstanding educators and leaders, our Principals of the Year represent all of us extremely well,” said Superintendent Dr. Scott Fritz. “We thank them for their dedication to the students of Volusia County.”
The Principal of the Year awards are co-sponsored by VCS and FUTURES Foundation, and winners are selected by their peer group principals during a secret ballot process. The awards honor outstanding leadership and service by school-level administrators. The winners receive a plaque and a $250 award from FUTURES. This year all nominees will receive a $20 gift card compliments of Burntwood Tavern which recently opened in Ormond Beach.
See the video of the awards at: https://youtu.be/s9efWl5Sko0.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Schools. More info: www.FUTURESVolusia.org
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year