2022 VCS Principals of the Year
Daytona Beach – Volusia County Schools and the FUTURES Foundation of Volusia County Schools announced the 2022 Principals of the Year during recent surprise visits to the schools.
Eilene Ahr, principal of Edith I. Starke Elementary School in DeLand, is the 2022 Elementary Principal of the Year, and John DeVito, principal at DeLand Middle School, is the 2022 Secondary Principal of the Year.
In nominating Principal Ahr, her administrative team shared “she works tirelessly to foster positive and trusting relationships with stakeholders to increase engagement and advocate for the rights and needs of students. She has accomplished this by staying humble and building genuine connections.” She has been principal of Edith I. Starke Elementary since 2019.
“With Mr. DeVito at the helm, DeLand Middle will be the true community school it once was and will continue to sail into a place of incredible student learning, a goal-achieving faculty and staff, and a school with a great reputation,” said Mr. DeVito’s administration in nominating him for this recognition. He has been principal of DeLand Middle since 2019.
“As outstanding educators and leaders, our Principals of the Year represent all of us extremely well,” said Superintendent Dr. Carmen Balgobin. “We thank them for their dedication to lead with grace and respect.”
The Principal of the Year awards are co-sponsored by VCS and FUTURES Foundation, and winners are selected by their peer group principals during a secret ballot process. The awards honor outstanding leadership and service by school-level administrators. The winners receive a plaque and a $250 award from FUTURES.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Schools.
More info: www.FUTURESVolusia.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program