FUTURES Foundation Elects 2020-21 Officers
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools is pleased to announce its 2020-21 officers: President Robert “Bob” Ludlow, Jr. of SunTrust, now Truist; President-Elect Heather Bond Vargas of Cobb Cole; Vice President Jessica Eckelbarger of Rue & Ziffra; Treasurer Cory Domayer, CPA, of AdventHealth Daytona Beach & Palm Coast; Secretary Amy Engel of LPGA; and Immediate Past President Jeff Brok of Merrill.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 29-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. In an effort to break the cycle of poverty, FUTURES facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers college tuition scholarships, mentors and hope to low-income high school students. FUTURES also funds teacher classroom mini-grants through its www.FindItFundItFundFlorida.com/Volusia portal and awarded more than $97,000 to 190 teachers for classroom/school projects during the 2019-20 school year. Teachers have until Sept. 14th to input their 2020-21 mini-grant requests. FUTURES administers the legislatively funded School District Education Foundation (SDEF) State Matching Grants Program which will infuse more than $100,000 into schoolwide projects focusing on low performing students and literacy this year. FUTURES also offers student and staff recognition programs and Tomorrow’s Leaders, a high school junior student leadership development program.
For more information about FUTURES Foundation, please contact Executive Director Cynthia Ramirez at (386) 255-6475, ext. 50730, caperric@volusia.K12.FL.US or visit its website at www.FuturesVolusia.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program