FUTURES Foundation Elects 2021-22 Officers
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools is pleased to announce its 2021-22 officers: President Heather Bond Vargas of Cobb Cole; President-Elect Alexis Lenssen, CFP, of Lenssen Wealth Management at Ameriprise; Vice President Amy Engel of LPGA; Treasurer Cory Domayer, CPA, of AdventHealth Daytona Beach; Secretary Doug Reece of Wells Fargo; and Immediate Past President Robert “Bob” Ludlow, Jr. of SunTrust, now Truist.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit, direct support organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 30-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. In an effort to break the cycle of poverty, FUTURES facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers college tuition scholarships, mentors and hope to low-income high school students. FUTURES also funds teacher classroom mini-grants and awarded more than $112,000 to teachers for classroom/school projects during the 2020-21 school year. Teachers have until Sept. 15th to input their 2021-22 mini-grant requests via the www.FindItFundItFundFlorida.com/Volusia portal. FUTURES administers the legislatively funded School District Education Foundation (SDEF) State Matching Grants Program which will infuse more than $119,000 into schoolwide projects focusing on low performing students and literacy this year. FUTURES also offers student and staff recognition programs and Tomorrow’s Leaders, a high school junior student leadership development program.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year