FUTURES Foundation Elects 3 new Board Members
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools recently elected area business leaders Peter Begalla, Gwen Checho, and Austin Quinn to its Board of Directors.
Mr. Begalla of DeLand is the founder and president of JPB Consulting Group, the Conference Chairman for Family Business Magazine and Directors & Boards Magazine, and past lecturer in Family Business at Stetson University. An undergraduate of Guilford College, he received his Master’s in Mental Health Counseling from Stetson University.
Ms. Checho of Ormond Beach is the Senior Manager of Education at the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA). Ms. Checho received her undergraduate degree from North Carolina State. She was the head women’s golf coach at Mars Hill College and Huntingdon College before joining LPGA.
Mr. Quinn of New Smyrna Beach is the Senior Director of Partnership Services, SE Region at NASCAR. Mr. Quinn is a graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and is a 2017 graduate of the Adept Leadership Program in Orlando.
FUTURES Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 30-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES Foundation facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors, and hope to at-risk, low-income high school students. FUTURES Foundation also funds teacher classroom mini-grants for innovative, creative classroom/school projects via www.FindItFundItFlorida.com/Volusia.
For more information about FUTURES Foundation, please visit its website at www.FuturesVolusia.org
or contact Executive Director Shimene Shepard at (386) 255-6475, ext. 50730, sashepa1@volusia.K12.FL.US.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year