FUTURES Foundation Hires Amanda Kinzey as new Program Coordinator
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools has hired Amanda “Mandy” Kinzey, Ormond Beach, for its newly created Program Coordinator position.
Ms. Kinzey will be responsible for operations relating to FUTURES Foundation’s programming focused on teachers, staff recognition and students. Student Services & Mentor Coordinator Shimene Shepard will remain responsible for the foundation’s Volusia Take Stock in Children mentoring and scholarship program. Ms. Kinzey attended the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL, where she received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications PR and holds a minor in Professional Ed. She went on to receive her Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL, in December 2013. Prior to attending college, she joined AmeriCorps and served for two years as a Program Coordinator for Orlando Neighborhood Improvement Corporation. In 2012, she moved to Rock Hill, SC, to continue her service as the VISTA Leader for South Carolina Campus Compact. She led 24 members on 17 college campuses in Civic Engagement and Service Learning. Last year, she published her first children’s book, Youth Service Heroes: Summer Cleanup, for second through fifth grade students, teaching them the importance of recycling and community service. Her book is currently in two elementary schools in Volusia County.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program