FUTURES Welcomes Michelle Lee to its Board of Directors
DAYTONA BEACH, FL – FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools recently elected area business leader Michelle Lee, of DeLand, to its Board of Directors. Ms. Lee, Public Relations Assistant on the State President’s team for Duke Energy, is responsible for supporting the Government and Community Relations Manager covering Volusia and Seminole County. She joined Duke Energy in November 1996 and has held roles in Distribution and Training. In her current role, she assists with local government, business, community relationships and issues within Duke Energy’s service territory. She coordinates local philanthropy in support of corporate and community objectives. Ms. Lee is accountable for local government and key leader relationship management and community engagement, including managing the budget for sponsorships, donations, and Foundation Grants in her respective area.
Ms. Lee also serves on the board at MainStreet DeLand and is a member of the DeLand Area Chamber of Commerce & Orange City Alliance, Volusia Hispanic Chamber and a sustainer of the Junior Service League of DeLand. She is active in in the Businesswoman’s Network at Duke Energy. Ms. Lee and her husband, Rich, have lived in DeLand for more than 20 years and have a son and a daughter.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 28-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES Foundation facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors, and hope to at-risk, low-income high school students. FUTURES Foundation also funds teacher classroom mini-grants for innovative, creative classroom/school projects via www.FindItFundItFlorida.com/Volusia.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Celebrates the 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominees
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year