FUTURES Foundation Elects 3 new Board Members
FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools recently elected area business leaders Valencia Gallon-Stubbs, Esq., Matt Gillikin and Josh McCann to its Board of Directors.
Ms. Gallon-Stubbs of Daytona Beach serves as General Counsel for Bethune-Cookman University. She has extensive legal experience in the public and private sector. She is a graduate of Mainland High School, Daytona State College, University of Central Florida, and Nova Southeastern University. Ms. Gallon-Stubbs serves on the City of Daytona Beach Mid-Town Redevelopment Board and is active in many area organizations.
Mr. Gillikin of Port Orange has been a Senior Financial Advisor/First Vice President with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in Daytona Beach since October 2010. He is a graduate of Spruce Creek High School and Flagler College. He serves as a youth Little League coach in Port Orange.
Mr. McCann of Daytona Beach joined the Daytona Tortugas as their Community Relations & Outside Events Manager in November 2019. He has extensive experience in the sports management industry and previously was a journalist. He is a graduate of Ithaca College and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
FUTURES Foundation is a nonprofit founded in 1985 to support Volusia County Schools. Its mission is to engage business and civic leaders to promote and achieve educational excellence for Volusia County Public Schools. The Foundation’s 29-member board of directors consists of area business and civic leaders who direct and raise funds to facilitate a variety of programs in the school district. FUTURES Foundation facilitates the Volusia Take Stock in Children Program which offers scholarships, mentors, and hope to at-risk, low-income high school students. FUTURES Foundation also funds teacher classroom mini-grants for innovative, creative classroom/school projects via www.FindItFundItFlorida.com/Volusia.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Volusia Names Nicole Grebosz Teacher of the Year
- Launch Federal Credit Union donates $2,000 to FUTURES Foundation
- Women United donates $2,500 to Take Stock in Children Program
- FUTURES Foundation Elects Jessica Eckelbarger to its Board
- FUTURES Foundation Received a $12,000 Hurricane Irma Relief Grant from the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- ?FUTURES Foundation receives $5,000 grant from Duke Energy Foundation?
- FUTURES Foundation & Volusia County Schools names First Year Teachers of the Year
- FUTURES Graduates 39 from Tomorrow?s Leaders Program